TRAINING GUARANTEE FOR SACE STUDENTS (TGSS)
Sign up to a Training Guarantee while you're at school as part of your South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), and you'll put yourself on a pathway to a job or trade.
How the Training Guarantee for SACE Students works?
The TGSS means you start training for your Certificate III pathway at school and have a guaranteed funded place at a Training Provider when you leave.
You'll earn credits towards your VET qualification and your SACE, and you'll do some work placement for on-job training.
Course fees for Certificate II qualifications that are TGSS approved are fully subsidised. You'll pay some course fees towards Certificate III qualifications, and pay incidental fees for personal items such as tools, clothing or other materials for your training.
Students eligible for the Training Guarantee
To be eligible for the Training Guarantee, you must me:
- 16 years or over, and
- enrolled in SACE at school and already doing (or have completed) VET or work placement that is related to your pathway
You are guaranteed a funded place at a Training Provider when you leave school if:
- you complete the SACE, including at least 30 SACE credits of nationally accredited VET plus 140 hours of relevant work placement
- you plan to complete the Certificate III (or higher) at a Training Provider
- you don't plan to take a break or 'gap year' after finishing school
WorkReady offer for school enrolled students
At first enrolment, the maximum WorkReady offer for school enrolled students (including TGSS, ASBA and ICAN students) comprises:
- one course selected from Certificate II level; and
- two courses selected from Certificate III to Advanced Diploma
The first enrolment in WorkReady is defined as the first enrolment on or after 1 October 2015.
The WorkReady offer for school enrolled students excludes:
- bridging units
- foundation skills courses
- Jobs First projects
Schools remain responsible for ensuring that students have adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills, and for the provision of adequate support to enable successful completion of the training course.
Completion of WorkReady subsidised courses will count towards the students WorkReady offer.
School enrolled students may have only one open Training Account at a time.
Start a Training Guarantee
If you're a school student:
- Speak to your school's career counsellor or VET Coordinator to make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria.
- You, your school and the Training Provider will draw up a formal Education and Training Plan (your parent/guardian also need to agree to this).
For schools and Training Providers
If you're a school career counsellor, VET Coordinator, or Training Provider, read the instructions for managing TGSS and complete the Education and Training Plan forms.
The link below outlines the subsidised qualifications SACE students are able to access.
SKILLS FOR ALL\Form A.pdf
SKILLS FOR ALL\Form B.pdf
SKILLS FOR ALL\Form C.pdf